So I’ve come across an interesting post by Forbes, 14 Signs Its Time To Leave Your Job. I will post the 14 reasons here, just in case you do not feel like reading through their entire article.
- You lack passion.
- You’re miserable every morning.
- Your company is sinking.
- You really dislike the people you work with and/or your boss.
- You’re consistently stressed, negative and/or unhappy at work.
- Your work related stress is affecting your physical health.
- You don’t fit in with the corporate culture and/or you don’t believe in the company anymore.
- Your work performance is suffering.
- You no longer has a good work/life balance.
- Your skills are not being tapped.
- Your job duties have changed/increased but your pay has not.
- Your ideas are not being heard.
- You’re bored and stagnating at your job.
- You are experiencing verbal abuse, sexual harassment, or are aware of any type of other illegal behavior.
Can you relate to any of these? Have you been in a position before where you feel you have fit into this criteria and decided to leave? How did you know it was the right move for you? Did you regret it? Were you glad you made the move? I am SO curious to hear from you regarding your experience with this topic.
There is so much going on in my life that I don’t know which way is up anymore. There are a lot of goals I have set that I hope to accomplish this year, most of them financial. But of course I cannot burn myself out just to get there. There’s the old adage, “The grass is greener where you water it.” Do you believe that be to true?